The description of MISO App
Visualize MISO’s world-class energy markets in real time. MISO Mobile enables 24-7 grid condition monitoring, including energy supply and demand, prices, fuel mix, and real-time system notifications.
Monitor MISO Markets Data in Real Time:
• Peak Load Forecast (peak energy demand for the current day)
• Current Total Load (Current total Demand in the MISO Market footprint)
• Load Actuals versus Forecast (compares electricity consumption versus forecasted demand)
• Generation Fuel Mix (current fuel mix supply energy to meet demand)
• Pricing, including:
○ Real-time Location Marginal Prices (wholesale power prices broken down by location)
○ Operating Reserves (ancillary market pricing)
• Schedule Interchange (energy flowing in/out/through the MISO footprint)
• Binding Constraints (identifies congestion points on the transmission system)
• ACE Chart (Current difference between total MISO BA area real-time energy requirements and actual supply)
• Real-Time push notifications regarding conditions and status of the transmission system
• Severe weather
• Conservative Operations
• Min/Max Generation Events
Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that delivers safe, cost-effective electric power across 15 U.S. states and the Canadian province of Manitoba. MISO is committed to reliable, nondiscriminatory operation of the bulk power transmission system and collaborating with all stakeholders to create cost-effective and innovative solutions for our changing industry. MISO operates one of the world’s largest energy markets with more than $29 billion in annual gross market energy transactions.
MISO's world-class energy markets serve as a platform for matching the supply and demand of energy. As a result, our energy markets and their efficient operation optimize transmission utilization, allow market transparency, eliminate pancaked transmission rates and centralize unit commitment and dispatch. For more information about MISO, visit www.misoenergy.org.